Disability Support Worker – SIL - Casual - Wyong
Job no: 492652
Employment type: Casual
Location: Gosford & Central Coast
Categories: Disability Services
- Disability Support Worker | Supported Independent Living
- Wyong area
- 4x casual vacanciees
- Variety of shifts - Mornings, Afternoons and Nights
Lifestyle Solutions are seeing highly experienced Disability Support Workers to provide person-centered support to our participants in the Wyong area. Our participants in these services have significant disabilities including severe ASD (non-verbal) and present with complex and challenging behaviours.
The benefits for you
In addition to your hourly rate based on SCHADS Award, you will receive:
- $2,000 + worth of paid training including Induction, PART, CALM and Assist Clients with Medication plus ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Self-Organising Team Based structure and an inclusive culture. You will have autonomy and the opportunity to make decisions and implement your ideas to provide Better Service to the people we support
- Therapeutic & Behavioural support from a national team of clinicians
- Crisis and incident support from national 24/7 Incident Response team
- Reflective Practice training and ongoing practice support from Practice Development specialists
What you will bring to make a difference in other’s lives
- Be willing to be available to work a 24/7 rotating roster which includes mornings, afternoons, evenings, awake shifts, sleepovers and weekend shifts
- Versatile communication skills including the ability to interact with both verbal and non-verbal customers
- Current driver’s license (mandatory requirement)
- Current First Aid Certificate, HLTAID003
- Formal qualifications in Disability, Community Services, or similar, will be advantageous
The NSW Government Public Health Order requires that all disability workers must be fully vaccinated by 9am 29 November 2021. Evidence of a COVID-19 Certificate, or medical contraindication certificate will be required.
Who we are and why we do it
We’re people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with a disability, young people and children in Out of Home Care, their families, and communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic, and caring.
We believe everyone is equal.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone’s fundamental right. You can learn more about us here.
Join Us, take the next step
All applications must be lodged online.
For all enquiries regarding this position, please contact Kym Smith, Talent Professional, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised closing date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from under-represented communities and groups are strongly encouraged. We can provide adjustments to the recruitment process if required; please contact the Talent Professional on the number above to discuss how we can help.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend