CALM First Nations Practice Specialist
Job no: 492545
Employment type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Alice Springs & Central Australia, Darwin, Adelaide, Perth, Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara
Categories: Disability Services, Clinical, Child & Family Services
CALM is an evidence based, all of organisational approach to trauma informed practice and care. Rooted in human rights and person-centred practice, CALM speaks to the heart of Lifestyle Solutions purpose and values.
Lifestyle Solutions is looking to recruit a CALM First Nations Practice Specialist to engage with people we support and those who support them to understand and implement CALM in a culturally safe and relevant way.
This is a national role and can be based in any of the States and Territories we provide services and supports, and will involve travel and utlising your strong experience in cross cultural learning and practice. This unique opportunity also includes a funded place in the CALM Associate program requiring a ready and committed learner.
Own It - How we get the job done
The key functions of the role will include:
- Complete the CALM Core and Associate training and actively contribute to the implementation plan / group
- Provide cultural leadership and coaching to teams and communities of support to embed CALM methods in practice nationally
- Establish a community of practice to harness learnings and co-create and evaluate a CALM first nations practice and evidence framework
Make It Matter - What you will bring to make a difference in other's lives
Lifestyle solutions considers that being of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent is a genuine occupational qualification for this position. Only those who meet this occupational requirement are eligible to apply for this role. Other requirements include:
- Relevant qualifications and practice experience working with people with a disability and children and young people in out of home care
- Proven ability to engage with various peoples, communities, and stakeholders to design and implement person-centred approaches and practices
- Sound cultural practice, including proven ability to negotiate local protocols and contexts
- Cultural confidence to provide coaching, guidance, and leadership to translate and support the measurement of CALM practices for first nations peoples
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to present information to various audiences and formats and facilitate reflections as a useful strategy for good practice and learning opportunities
- Demonstrated commitment to building respectful relationships with First Nations peoples and communities
- Demonstrated understanding of intergenerational trauma and the impacts of colonisation on attachment and developmental milestones for First Nations children and young people
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively and the capacity to listen and consider other opinions, respectfully and tactfully negotiate and liaise with various internal and external stakeholders and first nations communities
- Demonstrated ability to flexibly manage competing priorities and challenging situations, monitoring own social and emotional wellbeing and practicing and promoting self-care strategies
- Ready ability to travel nationally and undertake master level study
- Relevant probity clearance and current licence Values and Motivators
Keep Calm & Be Happy - How you will interact with people and other benefits
- Attractive annual salary - $110,000 plus super
- Salary Sacrificing Options
- Team Based Structure and Inclusive Culture
- Motor Vehicle Allowance - $15,000
- Sponsored Post Graduate Training in CALM (value $8000)
Respect - Who we are and why we do it
We’re people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with disability, young people and children in Out Of Home Care, their families and communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic and caring.
We believe everyone is equal.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone's fundamental right. You can learn more about us here.
Join Us - Next steps
All applications must be lodged online, please answer the easy questions below. If you have any additional questions please call Caro Bryant on 0418 734 735 or email email@example.com during business hours.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from under-represented communities and groups are strongly encouraged. We can provide adjustments to the recruitment process if required; please contact the Talent Team on 02 4014 7800 to discuss how we can help.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
‘Lifestyle Solutions considers that being Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for this position under s 42 of the Discrimination Act 1991 (ACT)/ s 14 of the AntiDiscrimination Act 1977 (NSW)/ sub-s 35(1)(b)(ii) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1996 (NT), s 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld)/ sub-s 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA)/ s 41 of the AntiDiscrimination Act 1998 (Tas)/ sub-s 26(3) or s 28 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic)/s 50 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA).’
Click to download the Role Statement
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend