Service Specialist - Disability- Hunter
Job no: 492535
Employment type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Categories: Disability Services
- Service Specialist - Regional Disability Service Excellence
- Location: Newcastle NSW
- Permanent Full Time
An exciting opportunity to join the Service Excellence team which has been designed to support and enable teams working across disability funded streams to deliver customer outcomes across the Hunter's Disability services. The role will focus on supporting, guiding and facilitating regional disability teams on areas such as service compliance, team-based support and local community/family engagement.
Own It - How we get the job done
The key functions of the role include:
- Leading and supporting local community, customer and family engagement and relationship development
- Developing and analysing customer insights and trends to drive service improvements
- Conducting and facilitating local practice reflection and other support activities including service reviews
- Local supporting of teams in delivering service and outcomes for customers
- Ensuring personal centered planning tools and practices are in place.
Please click on the following link to review the Role Statement
Make It Matter - What you will bring to make a difference in other's lives
As a Service Specialist Disability, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in relationship development and management
- Extensive experience in customer service, with strong business acumen
- Proven ability to work in incident response and crisis coordination, including accurate reporting and effective decision making
- Proven ability to effectively identify business insights, trend analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to effectively problem solve complex issues and apply critical thinking
- Expert facilitation and communication skills (written and verbal, including presenting to groups)
- Sound knowledge and experience in business systems: RiskMan, Carelink and SolvSafety (desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to perform business related activities such as negotiation, support coordination planning and experience in developing staff
- Demonstrated clinical expertise including authoring of behavioural support plans
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with external and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deliver balanced outcomes across customer, financial and workforce perspectives
- Experience in Therapeutic based care models
- Knowledge of customer review panel processes (desirable)
- Current driver's licence
- Relevant probity clearance and willingness to undertake state required pre-employment checks
Keep Calm & Be Happy - How you will interact with people and other benefits
Joining Lifestyle Solutions makes you feel like you are making a difference in people's lives. Our team is here because they care, and because of this, we have an enriching and rewarding culture within our teams. Other benefits include:
- Highly competitive remuneration package
- Opportunity to salary sacrifice
- Self Managed Teams
Respect - Who we are and why we do it
We're people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with a disability, young people and children in Out of Home Care, their families and communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic and caring. We believe everyone is equal. We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone's fundamental right. You can learn more about us here.
Join Us - Next steps
To apply please complete the online application form and attach a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the criteria under the “Make it Matter” category.
All applications must be lodged online. For any specific questions, please contact email@example.com
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from under-represented communities and groups are strongly encouraged. We can provide adjustments to the recruitment process if required; please contact the Talent Team on 02 4014 7800 to discuss how we can help.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend