- Disability Support Worker | Supported Independent Living
- Multiple jobs available across Western Sydney locations
- Permanent and Casual roles available
- We take COVID-19 seriously and provide PPE, Infection Control Training, provide you with regular information updates and practice the latest health advice
Are you currently working in Disability Support and looking for a change?
Have you heard that Lifestyle Solutions has moved to a self-organising Team Based structure?
Own It – How we get the job done
As an experienced Disability Support worker, you will be familiar with what the role involves, but to be clear your duties will include:
- Providing Person Centred Active Support to NDIS participants in residential care services in a variety of locations across greater Sydney
- Mentoring and skill development – guiding customers to explore and develop their personal interests/hobbies
- Coaching independent living skills such as cooking, domestic and social skills
- Administering medication and adherence to individual support plans
- Completing clear, concise and factual handover notes and incident reports
- Providing personal care such as toileting, showering, feeding and dressing when required
Click on the following link to view the Role Statement and to find out more about our organisation click here.
Make It Matter – What you will bring to make a difference in other’s lives
- Be willing to be available to work a roster which includes mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekend shifts
- Current driver’s license (mandatory requirement)
- Current First Aid Certificate, HLTAID003
- Qualifications in Disability, Community Services, or similar, would be advantageous
Keep Calm and Be Happy – How you will interact with people and other benefits
In addition to your hourly rate based on SCHADS Award, you will receive:
- $15,900 Salary Packaging as well as an extra $2650 to spend on Meal Entertainment for all Perm staff!
- $2,000 + worth of paid training including Induction, CALM and Assist Clients with Medication plus ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Self-Organising Team Based structure and an inclusive culture. You will have autonomy and the opportunity to make decisions and implement your ideas to provide Better Service to the people we support
- Therapeutic & Behavioural support from a national team of clinicians
- Crisis and incident support from national 24/7 Incident Response team
- Reflective Practice training and ongoing practice support from Practice Development specialists
Respect – Who we are and why we do it
We’re people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with a disability, young people and children in Out of Home Care, their families, and communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic, and caring.
We believe everyone is equal.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone’s fundamental right. You can learn more about us here.
Join Us – Next steps
If you are looking for either a permanent or casual role we would like to hear from you.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Kym Smith, Talent Professional, at email@example.com.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised closing date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from under-represented communities and groups are strongly encouraged. We can provide adjustments to the recruitment process if required; please contact the Talent Professional on the number above to discuss how we can help.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.