Disability Support Worker – Goulburn
Job no: 493616
Employment type: Casual
Location: Goulburn & Southern Tablelands
Categories: Disability Services
- Disability Support Worker | Supported Independent Living
- Goulburn, NSW
- Casual Roles $40.26-$41.53 p/h
Lifestyle Solutions provide innovative and flexible person-centered support for people living with a disability. In our accommodation service in Goulburn we provide support to customers of rehabilitation programs that are at high risk, currently or previously involved with the criminal justice system.
What your responsibilities will include:
- Mentoring and skill development – guiding customers to explore and develop their personal interests/hobbies
- Coaching independent living skills such as cooking, domestic and social skills
- Administering medication and adherence to individual support plans
- Completing clear, concise and factual handover notes and incident reports
- Providing personal care such as toileting, showering, feeding and dressing when required
- Helping customers engage with their local communities and culture through access to Community Participation Programs and recreational activities
What you will bring to the role:
- Be willing to be available to work a variety of shifts including awake, sleepover and weekend shifts
- Versatile communication skills including the ability to interact with both verbal and non-verbal customers
- Current AU Drivers Licence (mandatory requirement)
- NDIS Worker Screening Clearance (or be willing to obtain)
- Current First Aid Certificate, HLTAID011
- Minimum 2 doses of Covid-19 vaccinations
- Formal qualifications in Disability, Community Services, or similar, would be advantageous
For more information on these requirements, please click HERE.
What we have to offer
- Hourly rate based on SCHADS Award Level 2.1-2.2
- Paid training including induction, PART, CALM and Assist Clients with Medication plus ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Self-Organised Team based structure and an inclusive culture. You will have autonomy and the opportunity to make decisions and implement your ideas to provide Better Service to the people we support
- Therapeutic & Behavioural support from a national team of clinicians to reduce harmful behaviour, develop customer social skills and mentor staff
- Crisis and incident support from a national 24/7 Incident Response team
Join Us - What's next?
All applications must be lodged online.
For all enquiries regarding this position, please contact Megan Crough, Talent Acquisition Partner at Megan.Crough@lifestylesolutions.org.au
Lifestyle Solutions - Who we are and why we do it
We’re people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with a disability, young people and children in Out of Home Care, their families, and communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic, and caring.
We believe everyone is equal.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone’s fundamental right. You can learn more about us here.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend