Family Contact Worker - Parkes
Job no: 493816
Employment type: Casual
Location: Dubbo & Central West
Categories: Child & Family Services
- Casual position - Monday - Friday work and occasional weekends
- Parkes office base with travel to carers homes
- A great path to start your career in Out of Home Care
This position will involve travel to the carers’ home to promote the connections a child or young person has to their families. The Family Contact Worker will be required to support and supervise contact between children and young people and their families. A Pool Car will be used to transport the young people.
- Provide transport to and from and supervise contact for children and young people with their families
- Provide comprehensive reports outlining these activities and interactions driving contact
- Work alongside the Case Manager and ensure the case plan developed is relevant and meets the need of the child and young person
- Advise the Case Manager of any child protection issues immediately
- Take initiative to cease contact if the visit is not meeting the child or young person's needs
- Embrace cultural needs and views of children and young people
- Embrace diversity, positivity and adopt an anti-bias approach
- Understanding of and experience working with children and young people in Out Of Home Care
- Diploma in Community Services or above preferred
- Demonstrated ability to identify any risks of contact to children and young people
- Ability to work in an environment whereby there is conflict between carers and natural parents
- High level of report writing ability with excellent literacy skills, written and oral communication skills
- Understanding and knowledge of current child car restraint legislation
- Knowledge of Permanency Support Program and ability to comply with relevant legislation and regulations
- Current Drivers Licence (Mandatory requirement)
- Current Working with Children Check Card (valid for paid work)
- Current NDIS Worker Clearance (or willing to obtain)
- Current First Aid Certificate, HLTAID003 (or willing to obtain)
- Salary based on SCHADS 2.1-2.2 dependent on qualifications and experience ($40.26 p.h.)
- Paid training and opportunities for career development
- 24/7 crisis and incident response support
- Free confidential counselling support for employees and close family members
We provide services to people with disability, young people and children in out-of-home care, their families and communities. We believe everyone is equal. You can learn more about us here.
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior appointment.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Click to download the Role Statement
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend