Recruitment and Assessment Officer Kimberley
Job no: 493804
Employment type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Child & Family Services
Foster Care Recruitment and Assessment Officer
- Full Time Permanent Position
- Identified Role*
- Based in the Kimberley region
- Competitive Salary + Salary Packaging Options Available
The role of the Foster Care Recruitment and Assessment Officer is to engage with community stakeholders to coordinate the recruitment, assessment, training and on boarding of foster carers into Lifestyle Solution’s Foster Care Program.
- Be accountable for developing strong community connections with community groups such as schools, day cares, church groups, sport and recreation groups, WA Police and WA Health to develop avenues for the recruitment of new foster carers with Lifestyle Solutions
- Develop and lead carer recruitment campaigns both in community and through social media and technology systems
- Complete comprehensive Step-by-Step carer assessments for potential carers and make informed recommendations as to the authorisation of foster carers to provide care to young people in the foster care system in a timely manner
- Complete comprehensive annual carer reviews for Lifestyle Solutions carers
- Engage in the recruitment, information and onboarding of potential foster carers, and lead the information sharing sessions for potential carers
- Facilitate group training and group activities with new foster carers
- Uphold the rights of children, young people and their families and carers at all times
- Focus on ensuring the permanency and consistency of care of children and young people in the foster care system by reviewing material provided by potential foster carers in their application
- Model a culture of social justice and advocacy on behalf of the agency, programs and those we support championing restoration, kinship placement and family lead decision making
- Engage in supervision with the line manager, and through group supervision.
- Take an active role in developing planning and delivering community events in the effort of Carer recruitment and community education around out of home care including ensuring that Lifestyle Solutions are represented at all appropriate community events
- At all times contribute to a positive and constructive workplace culture
- A tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, social sciences, community services, education, health, early childhood, criminology, policing or similar
- Identify as Aboriginal with cultural competency required to undertake this role
- Considerable experience in out of home care, child protection, health, NDIS, teaching or similar role
- Experience in the recruitment and assessment of foster carers
- Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of relevant legislation pertaining to children’s services
- Trained and experienced in completing Step-by-Step carer assessment for potential foster carers
- Salary based on SCHADS Level 5.1
- Paid training and opportunities for career development
- 24/7 crisis and incident response support
- Free confidential counselling support for employees and close family members
We provide services to people with disability, young people and children in out-of-home care, their families and communities. We believe everyone is equal. You can learn more about us here.
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
For all enquiries, please contact Lyndsey Regan on 0427 425 203 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior appointment.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised date.
*Lifestyle Solutions considers that being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational qualification under S 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 .
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from under-represented communities and groups are strongly encouraged. We can provide adjustments to the recruitment process if required; please contact the Talent Team on 02 4014 7800 to discuss how we can help.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend