Disability Support Worker – Permanent Part Time - Alice Springs
Job no: 493687
Employment type: Part Time Permanent
Location: Alice Springs & Central Australia
Categories: Disability Services
- Disability Support Worker (Female*)
- Alice Springs, NT
- Permanent Part-Time Position
Own It – How we get the job done
Lifestyle Solutions provide innovative and flexible person-centered support for people living with a disability. Support Workers in our accommodation services assist customers to become more independent, both at home and in their community.
As a Support Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Mentoring and skill development – guiding customers to explore and develop their personal interests/hobbies
- Coaching independent living skills such as cooking, domestic and social skills
- Administering medication and adherence to individual support plans
- Completing clear, concise and factual handover notes and incident reports
- Providing personal care such as toileting, showering, feeding and dressing when required
- Helping customers engage with their local communities and culture through access to Community Participation Programs and recreational activities
Make It Matter – What you will bring to make a difference in other’s lives
- Be available to work a variety of shifts including mornings, afternoons, active nights, and sleepovers
- Versatile communication skills including the ability to interact with both verbal and non-verbal customers
- Current driver’s license (mandatory requirement)
- Current NDIS Worker Screening Clearance (or be willing to obtain)
- Current First Aid Certificate, HLTAID011 (or willing to obtain)
- At least 2 doses of Covid-19 vaccinations
- Formal qualifications in Disability, Mental Health, Community Services, or similar, would be advantageous
Keep Calm and Be Happy – How you will interact with people and other benefits
Joining Lifestyle Solutions will give you the satisfaction of making a difference in the lives of your customers. Our team is here because we care, and because of this, we have an enriching and rewarding culture within our teams. Other benefits include:
- Hour rate based on SCHADS Award 2.1 – 2.2 (Pending Qualifications)
- Team based structure and an inclusive culture
- Salary sacrificing options
- Ongoing training & development
Respect – Who we are and why we do it
We’re people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with a disability, young people and children in Out of Home Care, their families, and communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic, and caring.
We believe everyone is equal.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone’s fundamental right. You can learn more about us here.
Join Us – Next steps
All applications must be lodged online.
For all enquiries regarding this position, please contact Megan Crough, Talent Acquisition Partner at Megan.Crough@lifestylesolutions.org.au
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from under-represented communities and groups are strongly encouraged. We can provide adjustments to the recruitment process if required; please contact the Talent Professional on the number above to discuss how we can help.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend