Onboarding Officer NSW - Disability
Job no: 493670
Employment type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter, Sydney
Categories: Disability Services
Want to be part of a true values-based organization making a difference to people’s lives with a disability?
Come and join our growing team in NSW where we are currently recruiting for an Onboarding Officer to join our Disability Services Team.
About the role:
Located at either our Newcastle or Burwood offices.
As an Onboarding officer your role will be to ensure the delivery of onboarding new clients in consultation with the business development team. This position will support quality service and program provision across the geographical area the role is responsible for and manage client journey through onboarding, transfer, and exit.
As an Onboarding Officer, you’ll have the following attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results- drives and delivers performance against goals.
- Demonstrated specialist knowledge and capability in the disability sector gained through applicable experience training and education.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including contract negotiation and documentation, tender writing, consulting and mediation skills.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills to build strong and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Advanced problem solving, consultation and negotiation skills.
- Well-developed ICT literacy and competency in all applicable MS Office products, use of NDIS portal and the demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new systems to achieve outcomes.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills and the ability to proactively identify and meet expectations in a timely manner as well as the ability to support others to do the same.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and motivate others.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate new services, develop service proposals and negotiate funding agreements based on assessed needs of individual clients.
What is essential?
- Relevant diploma recognised by Lifestyle Solutions and/or substantial industry relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading and supervising a team to achieve required outcomes.
- A current NDIS Worker Screening Check (must be maintained)
- A current Working with Children Check (must be maintained)
- A current national Police Check (must be maintained)
- A current unrestricted driver’s licence (must be maintained)
- Fully vaccinated against Covid 19
What you'll need to succeed
- Sound understanding of the disability services sector and the operation of the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
- Capacity to provide information and advice to a wide audience, including people with disability/young people and their families/carers, and other internal and external stakeholders, and be able to adjust the content accordingly.
- Well-developed time management skills, including ability to manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated strong customer service, with a friendly and professional phone manner.
- Superior verbal communication skills, including ability to effectively adjust communication style when speaking with customers, young people and their families, as well as a variety of internal and external stakeholders. Well-developed written communication skills.
- Superior organisational skills and ability to work autonomously.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office package and ability to learn new software.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment by sharing information, supporting colleagues and respecting differences
- Mandatory Public Health Orders in each state require our disability and child and family workers to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations. In most cases, this will be 3 doses unless only recently completed a second dose or had a COVID infection; and you having your 3rd dose within the required timeframe. Successful candidates will be asked to provide government issued evidence of vaccination or an exemption on the required form or as directed.
To access a copy of the position description please email email@example.com
Apply now by submitting your resume and answering our pre-application questions online
To be considered, applications must provide the following items:
- A current curriculum vitae
- A cover letter detailing why you are the right candidate for the role.
- Confirmation of ability to meet essential role and organisation requirements
For further information about this role, or any support through the application process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team on 0408 720 280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm (AEST) Friday 8th December 2023
Lifestyle Solutions reserves the right to remove this post before the specified closing date. We strongly encourage all interested people to apply for these roles today as we will be shortlisting and interviewing during the application period.
All applicants are required to undergo employment screening through probity checks, prior to commencing.
Lifestyle Solutions is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
Lifestyle Solutions encourages applications from people with disability and will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
Click to download the Role Statement
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend