Disability Support Worker – Newcastle & Surrounds
Job no: 493651
Employment type: Casual
Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Categories: Disability Services
- Disability Support Worker
- Newcastle & Hunter area
- Casual positions $40.26 - $41.53 p/h
Lifestyle Solutions provide innovative and flexible person-centered support for people living with a disability. Support Workers in our services assist customers to become more independent, both at home and in their community.
About the role:
- Helping customers engage with their local communities and culture through access to Community Participation Programs and recreational activities
- Mentoring and skill development – guiding customers to explore and develop their personal interests/hobbies
- Coaching independent living skills such as cooking, domestic and social skills
- Administering medication and adhering to individual support plans
- Completing clear and concise handover notes and incident reports
- Providing personal care such as toileting, showering, feeding and dressing when required
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts including short shifts, mornings, afternoons, evenings, awake & sleepovers
- Versatile communication skills including the ability to interact with both verbal and non-verbal customers
- Current AU Driver’s Licence
- Current NDIS Worker Screening Clearance (or be willing to obtain)
- Current First Aid Certificate, HLTAID011 (or be willing to obtain)
- Minimum 2 doses of Covid-19 vaccinations
- Formal qualifications in Disability, Community Services, or similar, would be advantageous
For more information on these requirements, please click HERE.
What we have to offer
- Hourly rate based on SCHADS Award
- Experience a supportive culture and working environment
- Access to professional development and training opportunities
- Access to our employee assistance program
- Crisis and incident support from a national 24/7 Incident Response team
Join Us - What's next?
All applications must be lodged online.
For all enquiries regarding this position, please contact Megan Crough, Talent Acquisition Partner at Megan.Crough@lifestylesolutions.org.au
Lifestyle Solutions - Who we are and why we do it
We’re people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with a disability, young people and children in Out of Home Care, their families, and communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic, and caring.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome, actively support and promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds and other diversity groups.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend