Job no: 493489
Employment type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Child & Family Services
- Competitive Salary $90K + super + salary packaging
- Generous Training Budget including TCI and regular Supervisions]
- $12K car allowance
We have an exciting opportunity to welcome a Therapeutic Specialist to join our Child & Family Services team in Sydney, NSW. Our Therapeutic Specialists provide clinical knowledge and expertise to support children and young people who are residing in Out of Home Care.
As a Therapeutic Specialist you will work with residential care workers, family, kin and case managers to ensure children and young people who have experienced trauma, receive positive support and therapeutic care. This will include development of therapeutically appropriate plans and services, including assessments and behaviour support plans. A background in clinical delivery and therapy will be an advantage.
This role forms part of a multi-disciplinary outreach team providing responsive and tailored programs, assessment and therapeutic supports to children and young people across the NSW region.
- Competitive salary of $90,000 exclusive of super and salary packaging
- Salary packaging $15,900 general and $2,650 entertainment p.a.
- Paid training and opportunities for career development including Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training
- Frequent paid external supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, or Mental Health Nursing
- Current registration in relevant and appropriate Registration Body relevant to your qualification
- Relevant experience and knowledge obtained in a therapeutic care setting or working in a clinical environment with Children and Young People
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and experience and the Child Protection and or Out of Home Care Service System
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and operational issues across the Child and Family Services
- National Police Check, Working with Children’s Check and vaccination against Covid-19. National Police Check will be completed by us for the successful candidate
We provide services to people with disability, young people and children in out-of-home care, their families and communities. We believe everyone is equal. You can learn more about us here.
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
For all enquiries regarding this position, please contact Rachel Shorrock, Talent Acquisition Specialist on 0447 397 665 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend