Registered Nurse – Woy Woy, NSW
Job no: 493312
Employment type: Part Time Permanent
Location: Gosford & Central Coast, Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Categories: Disability Services
- Disability Group Home
- Woy Woy, NSW
- Permanent Part-Time positions
- Group home with medical staff, housing 7 participants
- All participants are severely disabled with both physical and intellectual disabilities
- Epilepsy, Acquired Brain Injuries, wheelchair bound and most non-verbal
- Administration of medication
- Customer empowerment and respecting their right to make informed decisions and choices in relation to their health and lifestyle.
- Assisting customers in achieving their goals through continuity of high-quality care and support
- Liaising with doctors and other Allied Health professionals
- Establishing health care plans to provide the best quality care for each customer to meet their individual needs
As a Registered Nurse you are:
- Resilient, calm, patient and adaptable
- Flexible and reliable within your work environment and thrive as part of a team
- Able to identify and manage risk to ensure safety for all
- Providing continuity of care by taking a long term approach to see the changes and see beyond the medical conditions; See the person
- A strong communicator with the ability to liaise with a variety of key stakeholders such as Guardians, doctors and allied health professionals
To be a successful candidate you will clearly demonstrate the following:
- Nursing experience, preferably in Community Health or Disability/Aged Care environment
- Confidence and professionalism in your ability to provide customer focused support
- An interest in supporting customers with high support needs; complex physical, aging and mental health needs
- Strong professional boundaries and the ability to follow procedures
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills
- A current driver’s license
- Availability to work a variety of shifts
- AHPRA Registration
- Knowledge of the Disability Inclusion Act 2014
Why work with us?
We’re people who care.
Lifestyle Solutions provides a range services to people with disability, young people and children in Out Of Home Care, their families and communities across the nation.
We believe everyone is equal - our staff and our customers. Equality and respect is at the heart of everything we do.
We want people on our team who want to make a difference to the lives of others. People who know that it’s the small things that make the biggest difference. People who do what they say they’ll do and want to part of creating an organisation where we all own our part in making Lifestyle Solutions a great place to work.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone's fundamental right. You can learn more about us here.
Join Us – Next steps
All applications must be lodged online.
For all enquiries regarding this position, please contact Megan Crough, Talent Acquisition Partner, Megan.Crough@lifestylesolutions.org.au
Click to download the Role Statement
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend