Therapeutic Support Managers | Out of Home Care
Job no: 493231
Employment type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Child & Family Services
- Therapeutic Support Managers
- Sydney locations (1 x Vineyard, 2 x Londonderry)
- Full-Time Positions
Our Sydney team in the is looking for a talented Therapeutic Support Managers to join the team!
As the Therapeutic Support Manager, you will enable our Children and Young People to improve their quality of life, participation in the community ensure service delivery is person-centered and is based on a framework of strengths-based intervention and support. This will be achieved by providing excellent support, supervision and management of our team of Therapeutic Support Workers.
- Hourly rate based on SCHADS Award - pay can be negotiated based on knowledge and experience of the right candidate
- Salary packaging options included up to $16K p/a salary sacrifice, Meal and Entertainment card (up to $2,300 p/a), novated lease for motor vehicles
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Self-Organising Team based structure and an inclusive culture. You will have autonomy and the opportunity to make decisions and implement your ideas to provide Better Service to the people we support
- Therapeutic & Behavioural support from a national team of clinicians to reduce harmful behaviour, develop customer social skills and mentor staff
- Crisis and incident support from national 24/7 Incident Response team
- Reflective Practice training and ongoing practice support from Practice Development specialists
- We take COVID-19 seriously and provide PPE, regular information updates and practice the latest health advice
The Therapeutic Support Manager is responsible for approximately four young people who reside within the services. Responsibilities will include:
- Providing support, supervision, and guidance of the team of Therapeutic Youth Workers
- Managing and maintaining rosters and appropriate staffing levels
- Day to day management of the services; creating a home like environment for the Children and Young People who live there
- Coordinating and monitoring the implementation of case plan and leaving care plans for the Children and Young People in consultation with Case Managers
- Coordinating the completion of life story work by the Therapeutic Youth Workers in consultation with Case Managers
- Manage complaints and responding immediately to allegations or concerns raised in consultation with Service Specialist (Senior Manager)
The Therapeutic Support Manager will be required to complete at least two rostered shifts per week. These hours are to be negotiated with the Service Specialist (Senior Manager) and form part of the ongoing roster.
Click on the following link to view the Position Description.
- Relevant management experience of Children and Young People in Out of Home Care who have a disability and/or with complex care needs due to trauma-based background
- Minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience managing staff who regularly face crisis situations in the course of their work
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience to work within the relevant legislation, OOHC Standards, policies, and procedures
- Capacity to apply culturally appropriate practices with Aboriginal and culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- Excellent oral and written communication and demonstrated administration skills and computer literacy
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary teams and in partnership with other services, and to receive feedback and guidance
- Current drivers’ license
- Willingness to work outside of business hours
- Working with Children Check
We’re people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with disability, young people and children in Out of Home Care, their families and communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic, and caring.
We believe everyone is equal.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone's fundamental right. You can learn more about us here.
Join Us - Next steps
All applications must be lodged online. Please submit a cover letter addressing the essential requirements listed above.
For all enquiries regarding this position, please contact Rachel Shorrock at email@example.com or 0447 397 665.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Click to download the Role Statement
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend