Therapeutic Support Manager - Intensive Therapeutic Care
Job no: 492523
Employment type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Categories: Child & Family Services
- Therapeutic Support Manager | Intensive Therapeutic Care
- Newcastle area, NSW
- 2 x Permanent positions
Our team in Newcastle and Port Stephens is growing! As a The Therapeutic Support Manager, you will enable our Children and Young People to improve their quality of life, participation in the community ensure service delivery is person centred and is based on a framework of strengths based intervention and support. This will be achieve by providing excellent support, supervision and management of our team of Therapeutic Support Workers.
Keep Calm And Be Happy – What are the benefits?
- Hourly rate based on SCHADS Award Level 5 / Pay Point 1
- Salary packaging options include: up to $16K p/a salary sacrifice, Meal and Entertainment card (up to $2,300 p/a), novated lease for motor vehicles
- $2,000 + worth of paid training including Induction, Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, Foundation training in Intensive Therapeutic Care, CALM and Assist Clients with Medication plus ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Self-Organising Team based structure and an inclusive culture. You will have autonomy and the opportunity to make decisions and implement your ideas to provide Better Service to the people we support
- Therapeutic & Behavioural support from a national team of clinicians to reduce harmful behaviour, develop customer social skills and mentor staff
- Crisis and incident support from national 24/7 Incident Response team
- Reflective Practice training and ongoing practice support from Practice Development specialists
- We take COVID-19 seriously and provide PPE, regular information updates and practice the latest health advice
Own It - How we get the job done
The Therapeutic Support Manager is responsible for approximately four young people who reside within the services. Responsibilities will include:
- Providing support, supervision and guidance of the team of Therapeutic Youth Workers
- Managing and maintaining rosters and appropriate staffing levels
- Day to day management of the services; creating a home like environment for the Children and Young People who live there
- Coordinating and monitoring the implementation of case plan and leaving care plans for the Children and Young People in consultation with Case Managers
- Coordinating the completion of life story work by the Therapeutic Youth Workers in consultation with Case Managers
- Manage complaints and responding immediately to allegations or concerns raised in consultation with Service Specialist (Senior Manager)
The Therapeutic Support Manager will be required to complete at least two rostered shifts per week. These hours are to be negotiated with the Service Specialist (Senior Manager) and form part of the ongoing roster.
Make It Matter - What you will bring to make a difference in other's lives
Respect - Who we are and why we do it
We're people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with a disability, young people and children in Out of Home Care, their families, and their communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing a service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic and caring.
We believe everyone is equal.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone's fundamental right. You can learn more about us here.
Join Us - Next steps
All applications must be lodged online. Please submit a cover letter addressing the essential requirements listed above.
For all enquiries regarding this position, please contact Amandi Moolman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0439 689 011.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as well will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised closing date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from under-represented communities and groups are strongly encouraged. We can provide adjustments to the recruitment process if required; please contact the Talent Professional on the number listed above to discuss how we can help.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Click to download the Role Statement
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend