Therapeutic Youth Worker - Broken Hill
Job no: 492516
Employment type: Part Time Fixed Term
Location: Far West & North Central NSW
Categories: Child & Family Services
- Therapeutic Youth Workers
- Broken Hill Location
- 2 Year, Fixed Term - Part Time positions available
In Broken Hill, we are fortunate to assist a diverse range of young customers in our Out of Home Care Accommodation Services. These young people have a range of conditions including challenging behaviours, autism, attachment disorders, anxiety, depression, aggression, post-traumatic stress and disengagement. Our team is growing and we are seeking Therapeutic Youth Workers who are resilient and have a sound understanding of the importance of supporting children and young people.
Keep Calm And Be Happy – What are the benefits?
- Hourly rate based on SCHADS Award 2.1 - 2.2 (pending qualifications)
- Salary packaging options include: up to $16K p/a salary sacrifice, Meal and Entertainment card (up to $2,300 p/a), novated lease for motor vehicles (if perm or fixed term)
- $2,000 + worth of paid training including Induction, Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, Foundation training in Intensive Therapeutic Care, CALM and Assist Clients with Medication plus ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Self-Organising Team based structure and an inclusive culture. You will have autonomy and the opportunity to make decisions and implement your ideas to provide Better Service to the people we support
- We take COVID-19 seriously and provide PPE, regular information updates and practice the latest health advice
- Centralised rostering team to ensure you are busy
- Therapeutic & Behavioural support from a national team of clinicians to reduce harmful behaviour, develop customer social skills and mentor staff
- Crisis and incident support from national 24/7 Incident Response team
- Reflective Practice training and ongoing practice support from Practice Development specialists
Own It - How we get the job done
As a Therapeutic Youth Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Mentoring and skill development – guiding young people to develop independent living skills
- Being a positive role model and providing positive support in areas such as emotional behaviour, personal care and hygiene, transport, education, cooking and domestic duties
- Administering medication and adherence to support plans
- Completing clear, concise and factual handover notes and incident reports
- Managing complex and challenging behaviours (including aggressive behaviours)
- Helping young people to engage with their local communities and culture through access to Community Participation Programs and recreational activities
Make It Matter – What you will bring to make a difference in other’s lives
- Current driver’s license (mandatory requirement)
- Current Working With Children's Check (or be willing to obtain)
- Current First Aid Certificate, HLTAID003 (or be willing to obtain)
- Be willing to be available to work a 24/7 rotating roster which includes evenings, awake shifts, sleepovers and weekend shifts
- Previous experience supporting young people with a range of behavioural concerns and needs
- Hold or be working towards obtaining a qualification in Community Services, Youth Work or Disability.
Respect – Who we are and why we do it
We’re people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with a disability, young people and children in Out of Home Care, their families, and communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic, and caring.
We believe everyone is equal.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone’s fundamental right. You can learn more about us here.
Join Us – Next steps
All applications must be lodged online. For all enquiries regarding this position, please contact Amanda Stewart, Talent Professional on 0437 353 704 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised closing date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from under-represented communities and groups are strongly encouraged. We can provide adjustments to the recruitment process if required; please contact the Talent Professional on the number above to discuss how we can help.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend