- Senior Therapeutic Youth Worker | Child & Family Services
- Permanent/FullTime Role
Own It – How we get the job done
In Adelaide we are fortunate to assist a diverse range of young customers in our Out of Home Care Accommodation Services. These young people have a range of conditions including challenging behaviours, autism, attachment disorders, anxiety, depression, aggression, post-traumatic stress and disengagement. We are seeking a Senior Support Workers who is resilient and have a sound understanding of the importance of supporting children and young people in line our commitment to the Child & Young Person Safety Act 2017.
As a Senior Support Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Mentoring and skill development – guiding young people to develop independent living skills
- Being a positive role model and providing positive support in areas such as emotional behaviour, personal care and hygiene, transport, education, cooking and domestic duties
- Administering medication and adherence to support plans
- Completing clear, concise and factual handover notes and incident reports
- Managing complex and challenging behaviours (including aggressive behaviours)
- Helping young people to engage with their local communities and culture through access to Community Participation Programs and recreational activities
- Additional operational duties in specialised care house as required, including dealing with the public guardian, administration, reports etc.
To view the full role statement, scroll down below to download the attachment
Make It Matter – What you will bring to make a difference in other’s lives
- Hold or be working towards obtaining a Diploma or Degree qualification recognised by Department For Child Protection. Please review the recognised Minimum Qualification Standards here
- Strong communication skills
- Current driver’s license (mandatory requirement)
- Current WWCC
- Current First Aid Certificate, HLTAID003
- Be willing to be available to work a 24/7 rotating roster which includes evenings, awake shifts, sleepovers and weekend shifts
- Previous experience supporting young people with a range of behavioural concerns and needs
Keep Calm and Be Happy – How you will interact with people and other benefits
Joining Lifestyle Solutions will give you the satisfaction of making a difference in the lives of young people. Our team is here because we care, and because of this, we have an enriching and rewarding culture within our teams. Other benefits include:
- Hour rate based on SCHADS Award 4.1 (pending qualifications)
- Team based structure and an inclusive culture
- Salary sacrificing options
- Ongoing training & development
Respect – Who we are and why we do it
We’re people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with a disability, young people and children in Out of Home Care, their families, and communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic, and caring.
We believe everyone is equal.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone’s fundamental right. You can learn more about us here.
Join Us – Next steps
All applications must be lodged online.
For all enquiries regarding this position, please contact Lyndsey Regan, Talent Professional,0427 425 203
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised closing date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from under-represented communities and groups are strongly encouraged. We can provide adjustments to the recruitment process if required; please contact the Talent Professional on the number above to discuss how we can help.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.