Own It - How we get the job done
Our team in Victoria is growing! We're looking for a Behaviour Support Consultant to provide Clinical support within the NDIS sector - ensuring that the people we support receive quality clinical services, meeting pre-determined measures established by management and the funding body. Based in Moonee Ponds with travel also to Bendigo, you'll work alongside Clinicians from across the country who together create our national team.
- Develop person-centred, evidence-informed positive behaviour support plans in line with the person’s goals and the allocated hours in their NDIS plan
- Use a range of functional assessment tools to conduct physical and interpersonal assessments of people in a range of environments to develop treatment plans and rehabilitation programs
- Conduct respectful and responsive assessments that consider the diversity of a person’s culture
- Provide coaching and support to the families, carers and support workers who will be implementing behaviour support plans
- Coordinate formal plan review meetings
- Record and report accurately
- Commit to your professional development and continued learning, and actively engage in “reflection and support” and supervision sessions
Make It Matter - What you will bring to make a difference in other's lives
- Experience working with children, young people and adults who have a disability and present with complex challenging behaviours
- Demonstrated knowledge in the development and implementation of behavioural intervention strategies, risk management strategies and skills development plans
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as a valued member of the clinical team
- Excellent communication and active listening skills to quickly build rapport with the people we support, their teams and your peers
- Previous experience using systems to collect data from a range of sources, and ensuring data is recorded and reported correctly
- Ability to remain calm and resilient in high pressure environments and meet the requirements of a billable model (25 billable hours a week)
- Ability to travel interstate if required
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Social Work or similar
- Full unrestricted drivers licence
- First Aid certificate
- Working with Children Check
Keep Calm & Be Happy - How you will interact with people and other benefits
Joining Lifestyle Solutions makes you feel like you are making a difference in people's lives. Our team is here because they care, and because of this, we have an enriching and rewarding culture within our teams. Other benefits include:
- Car allowance
- Professional development and supervision allowance
- Salary packaging options
- Employee Recognition & Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible working arrangements
Respect - Who we are and why we do it
We’re people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with disability, young people and children in Out Of Home Care, their families and communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic and caring.
We believe everyone is equal.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone's fundamental right. You can learn more about us here.
Join Us - Next step
All applications must be lodged online, please answer the easy questions below. If you have any additional questions, please contact Lyndsey Regan on email@example.com
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from under-represented communities and groups are strongly encouraged. We can provide adjustments to the recruitment process if required; please contact the Talent Team on 02 4014 7800 to discuss how we can help.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.