Senior Support Worker - Nowra
Job no: 492480
Employment type: Part Time Permanent
Location: Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
Categories: Disability Services
- Senior Support Worker - Disability
- Accommodation Service
- Part-time position
- Nowra location
Own It - How we get the job done
We have an opportunity for a Senior Support Worker to join our team in Nowra with a focus on customer service and guiding the team of support workers to ensure alignment with the customer support plans and service compliance.
As a senior support worker in this team you will:
- Provide support within the team for practice improvement
- Embed systems and processes to function as a self-managing team
- Implement improvement actions to provide the best available support to the customer
- Support stakeholder communications
- Work a rostered line and provide direct support to the customer
To find out more about the role, please click here.
Make It Matter – What you will bring to make a difference in other’s lives
- Be available to work a rostered line which includes mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekend shifts
- Current driver’s license (mandatory requirement)
- Current First Aid Certificate, HLTAID003
- Formal qualifications in Disability, Community Services, or similar, would be advantageous
Keep Calm & Be Happy - Benefits you will enjoy at Lifestyle Solutions
- Hourly rate based on SCHADS Award Level 3
- Salary packaging options include: up to $16K p/a salary sacrifice, Meal and Entertainment card (up to $2,300 p/a), novated lease for motor vehicles
- $2,000 + worth of paid training including Induction, PART, CALM and Assist Clients with Medication plus ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Self-Organising Team based structure and an inclusive culture. You will have autonomy and the opportunity to make decisions and implement your ideas to provide Better Service to the people we support
- We take COVID-19 seriously and provide PPE, vaccination clinics, regular information updates and practice the latest health advice
- Centralised rostering team to support your team and service
- Therapeutic & Behavioural support from a national team of clinicians to reduce harmful behaviour, develop customer social skills and mentor staff
- Crisis and incident support from a national 24/7 Incident Response team
- Reflective Practice training and ongoing practice support from Practice Development specialists
Join Us - Next step
All applications must be lodged online, please answer the easy questions below. For any specific questions, please contact Kym Smith, Talent Professional, on 0408 248 884.
All applications to be made online
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised closing date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from under-represented communities and groups are strongly encouraged. We can provide adjustments to the recruitment process if required; please contact the Talent Professional on the number above to discuss how we can help.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Click to download the Role Statement
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend