Disability Support Worker – Supported Independent Living - Coffs Coast
Job no: 492470
Employment type: Casual
Location: Coffs Harbour & North Coast
Categories: Disability Services
- Disability Support Worker | Supported Independent Living
- Coffs Coast
- Variety of shifts - Mornings, Afternoons and Nights
Lifestyle Solutions provide innovative and flexible person-centered support for people living with a disability. Support Workers in our accommodation service assist customers to become more independent, both at home and in their community.
As a Support Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Mentoring and skill development – guiding customers to explore and develop their personal interests
- Coaching independent living skills and social skills
- Administering medication and adherence to individual support plans
- Completing clear, concise and factual handover notes and incident reports
- Providing personal care such as toileting, showering, feeding and dressing when required
- Helping customers engage with their local communities and culture through access to Community Participation Programs and recreational activities
What you will bring to make a difference in other’s lives
- Be willing to be available to work a 24/7 rotating roster which includes mornings, afternoons, evenings, awake shifts, sleepovers and weekend shifts
- Versatile communication skills including the ability to interact with both verbal and non-verbal customers
- Current driver’s license (mandatory requirement)
- Current First Aid Certificate, HLTAID003
- Formal qualifications in Disability, Community Services, or similar, will be advantageous
The benefits for you
In addition to your hourly rate based on SCHADS Award, you will receive:
- $2,000 + worth of paid training including Induction, PART, CALM and Assist Clients with Medication plus ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Self-Organising Team Based structure and an inclusive culture. You will have autonomy and the opportunity to make decisions and implement your ideas to provide Better Service to the people we support
- Therapeutic & Behavioural support from a national team of clinicians
- Crisis and incident support from national 24/7 Incident Response team
- Reflective Practice training and ongoing practice support from Practice Development specialists
Who we are and why we do it
We’re people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with a disability, young people and children in Out of Home Care, their families, and communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic, and caring.
We believe everyone is equal.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone’s fundamental right. You can learn more about us here.
Join Us, take the next step
All applications must be lodged online. For all enquiries regarding this position, please contact Alan Field, Talent Professional, 0439 689 011 during business hours.
CLOSING DATE: 31 October at 23:30
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised closing date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from under-represented communities and groups are strongly encouraged. We can provide adjustments to the recruitment process if required; please contact the Talent Professional on the number above to discuss how we can help.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend