- Therapeutic Youth Workers | Intensive Therapeutic Care
- Tamworth, NSW
- Permanent Part Time positions available
Join us on our journey to provide a rich, productive and happy life for the young people in our care. You’ll be part of a supportive team who work collaboratively, in a smart and flexible way with a progressive approach to pay, rostering, training and development.
Keep Calm And Be Happy – What are the benefits?
- Hourly rate based on SCHADS Award 2.2 - 2.3 (pending qualifications)
- $2,000 + worth of paid training including Induction, Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, Foundation training in Intensive Therapeutic Care, CALM and Assist Clients with Medication plus ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Self-Organising Team based structure and an inclusive culture. You will have autonomy and the opportunity to make decisions and implement your ideas to provide Better Service to the people we support
- Therapeutic & Behavioural support from a national team of clinicians to reduce harmful behaviour, develop customer social skills and mentor staff
- Crisis and incident support from national 24/7 Incident Response team
- Reflective Practice training and ongoing practice support from Practice Development specialists
- We take COVID-19 seriously and provide PPE, regular information updates and practice the latest health advice
Own It - How we get the job done
Our Intensive Therapeutic Care (ITC) Team in Tamworth are seeking passionate, dedicated, resilient and reliable Therapeutic Youth Workers to empower our Young People & Families to achieve what’s important to them through quality care, planning and safety delivered outcomes.
As a Therapeutic Youth Worker, your responsibilities will include:
Active Support: Assisting our young people to get ready for the day ahead including getting dressed and showered and preparing meals, coordinating activities, transportation and social outings, plan for and achieve daily goals.
Health Support: Administering medication, understanding our young person’s health and wellbeing plan, medication documentation and protocols and any other health support plans.
Positive Behaviour Support: Managing young person’s behaviour triggers, strategies to prevent triggers and or how to support the individual when experiencing behaviours of concerns. This will also include de-escalation strategies.
Safeguarding: Complete core training, including violence prevention training and other young person specific training.
Teamwork: Participate openly in group regular scheduled reflection and support and team meetings, continuously reflect and learn from challenges and experiences to improve the service and the workplace.
Administration: Meet the policies, procedures and code of conduct of Lifestyle Solutions.
Make It Matter - What you will bring to make a difference in other's lives
- Previous experience and/or demonstrated motivation to work with customers, children and young people
- Availability to work the required roster including weekends and overnight shifts
- Working with Child Check (or willingness to obtain)
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to write clear notes in English
- First Aid Training and certificate (or willingness to obtain)
Relevant Minimum Qualifications: Our funding contracts with Government Departments require that ITC Therapeutic Youth Workers hold specific qualifications or are enrolled to obtain prior to commencing;
- Diploma in Community Services, Youth Work, Disability, Children's Services, Counselling, Case Management or relevant field.
Respect - Who we are and why we do it
We're people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with a disability, young people and children in Out of Home Care, their families, and their communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing a service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic and caring.
We believe everyone is equal.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone's fundamental right. You can learn more about us here.
Join Us - Next steps
All applications must be lodged online.
For all enquiries regarding this position, please contact Amanda Stewart, Talent Professional, on 0437 353 704 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as well will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised closing date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from under-represented communities and groups are strongly encouraged. We can provide adjustments to the recruitment process if required; please contact the Talent Professional on the number listed above to discuss how we can help.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.